With over 20 years of experience as a consumer debt attorney, D.J. Rausa is a pioneer in San Diego bankruptcy law, being one of the first lawyers in San Diego County to shape interpretations of recent changes in federal bankruptcy laws. Mr. Rausa is regionally known as a lecturer on bankruptcy and foreclosure law. His courtroom arguments have influenced bankruptcy case law and he has spoken about bankruptcy law topics on San Diego business radio talk shows and before consumer credit counselor and real estate professional groups.
Attorney D.J. Rausa has proven to be an aggressive advocate for people deserving relief from financially crippling debt. Mr. Rausa is an expert in Bankruptcy Law and an experienced Debt Negotiation and Reorganization Attorney. These are the skills he uses to benefit clients who are floundering financially from a variety of reasons including catastrophic medical bills, job loss, divorce, tax debt, simple over extensions and Student Loan debt.
Attorney Rausa is one of the few, nationally known lawyers, who specialize in Student Loan Debt Resolution. He is a Student Loan Lawyer graduate and he has been on the forefront of this rapidly evolving national debt issue. He brings all his bankruptcy, debt negotiation and reorganization talents to bear on this specialized area of debt law to help both students and parents suffering under out of control student loan debt.
If you are suffering under unmanageable debt and don’t know where to turn, don’t hesitate to contact Attorney D.J. Rausa for a free initial consultation. He will explain what your debt relief options are and how he can help you get back to financial stability.
Professional Memberships and Credentials
- Student Loan Lawyer Graduate
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Member of the California and San Diego Bankruptcy Forums
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Panel Mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
Managing Student Loans in Bankruptcy
D.J. Rausa recently gave a webinar for the National Association of Consumer Advocates titled “Managing Student Loans in Bankruptcy”. This nationwide organization has more than 1,500 attorneys who represent and have represented hundreds of thousands of consumers victimized by fraudulent, abusive and predatory business practices.
As a Student Loan Law specialist, D.J. is an expert at spotting and investigating the legal issues surrounding student loans in bankruptcy cases. Student loan analysis is often critical to a successful bankruptcy practice. His webinars are geared to bankruptcy practitioners and those interested in student loan law. His knowledge is invaluable when structuring and plotting a bankruptcy case.
Bankruptcy attorneys attending his webinar learned:
- How to address all student loans in bankruptcy
- How undue hardship is not the ONLY avenue to discharge student loans
- How to use bankruptcy as a management tool
Educating bankruptcy attorneys on the evolving laws surrounding student loan debt and bankruptcy is a key component of the mission of attorney Rausa. There is $1.3 trillion in outstanding student loan debt in the United States. Many of these students turn to bankruptcy lawyers as their best hope for relief and D.J.’s passion is that they find the relief they deserve either through his own practice or the practice of other bankruptcy and debt settlement attorneys who are properly trained in student loan law.
Testimonies by those who attended:
- "Clear and useful information that can be put to use immediately. Well done!"
- "This program, featuring student loan expert D.J. Rausa, is detailed and comprehensive, and will be extremely helpful to my work in counseling debtors with student loans."
Schedule a free initial consultation with attorney Rausa today. Contact us at (619)295-3322. We are available on weekdays, evenings and Saturdays for your convenience. Call us to learn how we can start you on the road to a brighter financial future.
Areas of Practice
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2010
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2010
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: With Distinction